These amazing natural ingredients create a Leave-In Hair Serum for Damaged Hair that not only nourishes your hair but makes it shinier as well as smoother. It also prevents breakage and reduces hair loss by encouraging your hair growth. This Hair Serum for Damaged Hair is applied into hair after bathing and can be left in the hair for minimum an hour.
This Leave-In Hair Serum for Damaged Hair has the following Ingredients:
- Coconut Oil
- Aloe Vera Gel
- Castor Oil
- Rose Water
- Essential Oils (optional)
Why Coconut Oil?
The Coconut Oil serves as a major hydrating element in this treatment, it also:
- Nourishes the scalp due to its rich fatty acid content.
- Reduces hair breakage
- Penetrates the hair follicles for a deep and thorough hydration.
- Soothes the scalp and prepares it to support thicker hair growth.
Why Aloe Vera?
Aloe Vera performs several key functions in this treatment:
- It contains something called proteolysis enzymes which mend dead skin cells on the scalp.
- It promotes hair growth.
- It reduces dandruff due to its concentrated anti-fungal properties.
- Rejuvenates hair with its own nutrients preventing breakage and adding elasticity.
- Lastly, it creates a shielding layer over your hair that saves your hair from harmful environmental elements and also keeps it constantly hydrated.
Why Castor Oil?
The main benefits of using castor oil are:
- Higher growth rates of hair: people have reported up to 5 times growth speed of hair after using castor oil.
- Prevents and Remedies hair loss due to the richness in ricinoleic acid content which helps increase circulation to the scalp and improves hair growth.
- It keeps the scalp pH balanced so the natural oils can be replenished and will aid in undoing hair damage.
- It contains anti-oxidants to support Keratin in hair and help make it stronger and smoother.
Why Rose Water?
Rose water is a versatile ingredient which has many hair benefits:
- Rose water promotes hair growth
- It helps to soften and condition hair
- Reduces scalp inflammation
- Strengthens your hair from the root
- Gets rid of dandruff
- Helps to reduce oiliness on your scalp
- Reduces hair loss
- Clears product buildup on your scalp
Why and Which Essential Oils?
The addition of anyone these essential oils will give a boost to the functioning of this serum:
- Lavender oil
- Rosemary Oil
- Clary Sage Oil
- Cedarwood Oil
Each of these oils makes hair grow faster and stronger, but remember only to add ONE of these in the serum. I have left them out of the main recipe and given you multiple options because these are not easily available ingredients where I live.
How to Mix the Leave-In Hair Serum for Damaged Hair?
Ingredients for Leave-In Hair Serum for Damaged Hair
½ Cup Aloe Vera Gel
¼ Cup Rose Water
3 tbsp. Coconut Oil
1 tbsp. Castor Oil
Optional: 5 drops any of the above given essential oils
Method to make Leave-In Hair Serum for Damaged Hair
- In a high powered blender, add Aloe Vera and the two oils together.
- Blitz on high speed to form an emulsion, slowly add in the rose water.
- When all the ingredients are combined you should have a watery sort of vinaigrette type mixture.
- Pour into a sealed bottle and add essential 0oil if you like then shake to combine.
How to Use?
After washing your hair, pat hair dry until damp but not dripping and apply about a teaspoon of the Leave-In Hair Serum for Damaged Hair. Rub it thoroughly through the hair and onto the scalp. Then wrap damp hair in a towel and leave for five minutes so that the serum can really sink in. Then continue as normal. Do not wash out the serum after applying as this is meant to be left in the hair.
PLEASE LIKE, SHARE AND COMMENT YOUR VIEWS.